Saturday, July 15, 2017

Taming Teddy by Lucy Lennox (audiobook)


Title:  Taming Teddy
Author: Lucy Lennox
My Rating: A-
Narrator: Michael Pauley

Genre: Contemporary Romance (m/m)
Series: Made Marian #2
Main Characters: Teddy and Jamie
Release Date: January 2017 (audiobook)
Publisher: Lucy Lennox
Links to Purchase
Sexual Intensity: hot

Story Overview:
Length: 6 hrs and 57 mins 

Teddy: If there’s one thing I don’t do, it’s commitment. You don’t become an award-winning photographer by staying in one place. I’m always on the road, looking for the next shot, the next award, the next hot guy to take to my bed. Which is how I end up on Dr. James Marian’s front porch in the middle-of-nowhere Alaska. He’s known as the Wildlife Whisperer, and I want to photograph him in action. He’s reluctant at first, but I can be persuasive and soon enough I have him in bed saying yes over and over and over again. Think of it as one of the perks of the job.

Jamie: I always thought of myself as the marrying type. Then I got left at the altar. Now I have a new motto: never commit and never fall in love. So when a cocky nature photographer decides I’m the key to his next masterpiece, it seems like the perfect arrangement: he’s only in town for a brief assignment and then he’ll be gone. No commitment, no strings, and no chance of getting my heart broken again.



There’s just one problem: I think I’m falling in love. Now I’m afraid that maybe I’m the marrying type after all. And he definitely is not.
My Review:
Overview: 4.25
Performance: 4.0
Story: 4.25

This story cracked me up. Jamie was so sure that he wanted to have nothing to do with Teddy, who's a nature photographer that wants to feature Jamie, who's known as the wildlife whisperer. But Teddy does not give up or take no for an answer. I loved how relentless he was and how Jamie kept coming back to that personality trait at the end of the story. 

I love stories where the heroes are stuck in snowstorms. This entire book kind of fell under that feel. Jamie lives in the middle of the Alaskan wilderness. It's pretty darn remote and inaccessible and these two guys are stuck there together. Yes...that does translate to happy times. 

I like how Jamie is slowly brought around to Teddy's way of thinking. It's not a sudden thing, although their attraction is. But he seriously underestimates Teddy. Their jobs are so complimentary. And can I just say how much I thoroughly enjoyed getting to see into the inner sanctum of both their jobs. I loved that little glimpse into these careers.

I'm loving this series. I really enjoy this author's style of writing and her story-telling. It's the perfect style for audiobooks and this narrator does a fantastic job with her books. I liked it. 

No comments: